Michael,
That is fantastic. Very instructive code. RTF is a paine to handle.
I should start to use Claude also. I downloaded Claude but just tried a few very short things. Nothing compared to what you accomplished.
Kind regards
Bernd
Search found 4150 matches
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:52 pm
- Forum: Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers
- Topic: Exporting to rtfd on Mac
- Replies: 11
- Views: 439
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:36 pm
- Forum: Mac OS
- Topic: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
- Replies: 8
- Views: 179
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Craig,dunbarx wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:15 pm I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.
It is what you describe in LC < 11, in 11 3-d also affects the scrollbar.
Kind regards
Bernd
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:31 am
- Forum: Mac OS
- Topic: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
- Replies: 8
- Views: 179
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Hi, I just upgraded to 11.0.0 (build 25013). For some text fields, the scrollbars remain as the macOS standard (thumb is rounded gray on a white background), but for others, the scrollbars now have a square white thumb on a black background.
Could you try to check the "3-D" / "threeD" property ...
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:56 pm
- Forum: Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers
- Topic: Exporting to rtfd on Mac
- Replies: 11
- Views: 439
Re: Exporting to rtfd on Mac
Hi micmac,
No wonder it does not work. There are a couple of function calls to functions that Claude did not provide. Ask him to provide those functions.
There is an erraneous repeat loop:
repeat with i = 1 to the number of elements of pBlocks
put pBlocks["type"] into tType
put pBlocks["data ...
No wonder it does not work. There are a couple of function calls to functions that Claude did not provide. Ask him to provide those functions.
There is an erraneous repeat loop:
repeat with i = 1 to the number of elements of pBlocks
put pBlocks["type"] into tType
put pBlocks["data ...
- Fri Sep 11, 2026 7:28 pm
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
The same goes for me.NoN' wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2026 4:33 pm It looks interesting, but unfortunately, you need a Facebook account to check it out and...
...I don't have a Facebook account (as a matter of principle).
Would it be possible for you to post the information directly on this forum?
Renaud
Kind regards
Bernd
- Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:29 am
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: "Header" is a reserved word?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 723
Re: "Header" is a reserved word?
Look for "put header" in the dictionary:
put header
Type command
Syntax
put [ new ] header header
Summary
Replaces or adds a CGI output header to the current list that is
generated the first time any data is output to stdout.
The fact that "header" is colorized in the script editor should be a ...
put header
Type command
Syntax
put [ new ] header header
Summary
Replaces or adds a CGI output header to the current list that is
generated the first time any data is output to stdout.
The fact that "header" is colorized in the script editor should be a ...
- Thu Jun 11, 2026 8:36 pm
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Transferring variables between AppleScript and LiveCode
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4551
Re: Transferring variables between AppleScript and LiveCode
I think right now it is best to let the original poster explain in more detail what he wants.Is it possible the OP is talking about the form "do as AppleScript", and wants some data to return to LC?
KInd regards
Bernd
- Thu Jun 11, 2026 10:49 am
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Transferring variables between AppleScript and LiveCode
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4551
Re: Transferring variables between AppleScript and LiveCode
Hi Stam,
I am not sure what the OP has in mind either.
I figured the OP has a Livecode thing running that uses the parameter from "service menu applescript" outside of LC to process it in a Livecode stack.
That is what the example shows. The AScript would be integrated in the external process.
I ...
I am not sure what the OP has in mind either.
I figured the OP has a Livecode thing running that uses the parameter from "service menu applescript" outside of LC to process it in a Livecode stack.
That is what the example shows. The AScript would be integrated in the external process.
I ...
- Thu Jun 11, 2026 10:03 am
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Box2D physics (revisited)
- Replies: 10
- Views: 3683
Re: Box2D physics (revisited)
The video in youtube looks very impressive. Thank you.
Kind regards
Bernd
Kind regards
Bernd
- Thu Jun 11, 2026 9:59 am
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Transferring variables between AppleScript and LiveCode
- Replies: 8
- Views: 4551
Re: Transferring variables between AppleScript and LiveCode
hi sipsuper,
Long ago I did some inter application communication using AppleScript. LC's AppleScript support is limited. Digging in my old AS scripts I adapted one to what I think is similar to what you have in mind.
The AppleScript script: (use apple script's ScriptEditor to trigger the AS script ...
Long ago I did some inter application communication using AppleScript. LC's AppleScript support is limited. Digging in my old AS scripts I adapted one to what I think is similar to what you have in mind.
The AppleScript script: (use apple script's ScriptEditor to trigger the AS script ...
- Thu Apr 23, 2026 10:38 am
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: customKeys and recalling the data in a key
- Replies: 8
- Views: 13743
Re: customKeys and recalling the data in a key
I was intrigued by this thread because I am always a bit confused by addressing the custom properties.
@Paul
You could simplify the script of button to:
on menuPick itemPicked
put the itemPicked of me into field "testTekst"
end menuPick
Your first attempt did not work because you were ...
@Paul
You could simplify the script of button to:
on menuPick itemPicked
put the itemPicked of me into field "testTekst"
end menuPick
Your first attempt did not work because you were ...
- Tue Apr 14, 2026 12:09 pm
- Forum: Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers
- Topic: Filter mobile control input
- Replies: 6
- Views: 10602
Re: Filter mobile control input
Hi Trevix,
Using the "inputTextChanged" command seems to be the way to go but I cannot figure out.
Maybe you could react to the "inputTextChanged" message to trigger a handler with
put mobileControlGet(tControlID, "text") into myText
then do your filtering on myText
and then mobileControlSet ...
Using the "inputTextChanged" command seems to be the way to go but I cannot figure out.
Maybe you could react to the "inputTextChanged" message to trigger a handler with
put mobileControlGet(tControlID, "text") into myText
then do your filtering on myText
and then mobileControlSet ...
- Sat Apr 04, 2026 10:35 am
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Compare versions of Scripts using Diff Library
- Replies: 5
- Views: 13990
Re: Compare versions of Scripts using Diff Library
The stack has 2 fields where you put the scripts to compare. You can use the whole scripts with all handlers and put them into their fields ("old" and "new"). If you put two completely different texts the diff can take a long time and you might want to interrupt it with command + ".".
The stack does ...
The stack does ...
- Wed Mar 25, 2026 2:28 pm
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Adventures into matchChunk and regex
- Replies: 16
- Views: 29571
Re: Adventures into matchChunk and regex
The question is how many sentences are there.The task was to break up short texts into 3, 4 or 5 paragraphs. I manged that by counting full stops "." and determine the number of sentences that should make up a paragraph
Kind regards
Bernd
- Wed Mar 25, 2026 12:54 pm
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Adventures into matchChunk and regex
- Replies: 16
- Views: 29571
Re: Adventures into matchChunk and regex
I have absolutely no objection to using Regex whatsoever, but IFF something can be done in xTalk 'pure and simple' why resort to it?
How do you resolve this?
El Banco Nacional de México, S.A. ("Banamex"), Teléfonos de México, S.A.B. de C.V. ("TELMEX"), Operadora de Cinemas, S.A. de C.V ...
How do you resolve this?
El Banco Nacional de México, S.A. ("Banamex"), Teléfonos de México, S.A.B. de C.V. ("TELMEX"), Operadora de Cinemas, S.A. de C.V ...