I recall that somewhere there is a command that covers finding a string in a container, such as a variable. Something like “revFind…” This would expand the command from being limited to fields.
Does anyone recall such a thing? I am sure it was discussed on this forum, though a decade or more ago ...
Search found 10521 matches
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:04 pm
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: A "find" command for variables??
- Replies: 1
- Views: 107
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:42 pm
- Forum: Mac OS
- Topic: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
- Replies: 8
- Views: 179
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
On reflection, what could have possibly been the purpose?
I would consider this simply a bug.
Craig
I would consider this simply a bug.
Craig
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:40 pm
- Forum: Mac OS
- Topic: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
- Replies: 8
- Views: 179
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
dwolff.
Clearly breaking, and not semi.
Craig
Clearly breaking, and not semi.
Craig
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:15 pm
- Forum: Mac OS
- Topic: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
- Replies: 8
- Views: 179
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
@Bernd.
I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.
@ dwolff
Does reloading LC do anything?
Craig
I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.
@ dwolff
Does reloading LC do anything?
Craig
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 5:52 pm
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 667
Re: Audio & Video Export
Interesting, and I do not use these sorts of gadgetry.
Seems like a winner; I would post this to the use-list, where I think they more often look around.
Craig
Seems like a winner; I would post this to the use-list, where I think they more often look around.
Craig
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 3:24 pm
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Using ExifTool from Shell
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5266
Re: Using ExifTool from Shell
It occurs to me that we would not question, within reason, any bot submissions if they weren't always the first submission. When will they get wise to that?
Craig
Craig
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 2:43 pm
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Using ExifTool from Shell
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5266
Re: Using ExifTool from Shell
HiltonLee981 sounds both very knowledgeable and helpful.
But is this a bot? If so, far more human-like and polished in prose than the others we have seen.
HiltonLee981, are you there? If so, what do you think about "X-pi"?
Craig
But is this a bot? If so, far more human-like and polished in prose than the others we have seen.
HiltonLee981, are you there? If so, what do you think about "X-pi"?
Craig
- Thu Sep 17, 2026 2:44 pm
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
David.
Glad to hear there is a Mac version. Does it have split screen capability? If yes, does it also have "BBX" credentials?
Craig
Glad to hear there is a Mac version. Does it have split screen capability? If yes, does it also have "BBX" credentials?
Craig
- Wed Sep 16, 2026 10:36 pm
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
But is it possible that a bot could maintain the banter here and also create some form of actual gadget in facebook? Isn't that in and of itself rather new?
Craig
Craig
- Wed Sep 16, 2026 2:53 pm
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
Hmmm, again.
I am Mac only. Is this real?
Craig
I am Mac only. Is this real?
Craig
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:19 pm
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
I am worried as well. After all, an inhuman bot would certainly choose Windows, no?
Craig
Craig
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:45 am
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
Waiting with bated breath for the next reply.
Craig
Craig
- Mon Sep 14, 2026 2:37 am
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
Hmmm.
I think David is flesh and blood, only because I have never seen, at least here, a bot reply to doubts about its humanity.
If I am wrong, we have entered a new arena...
Craig
I think David is flesh and blood, only because I have never seen, at least here, a bot reply to doubts about its humanity.
If I am wrong, we have entered a new arena...
Craig
- Sun Sep 13, 2026 6:25 pm
- Forum: Made With LiveCode
- Topic: Livecode pro editor
- Replies: 50
- Views: 14627
Re: Livecode pro editor
David.
Three capitalizations:
The ONE thing that makes me smile every single day with LC is the ability to use a string of any length as the itemDelimiter.
ANOTHER thing that would do the same thing would be the ability to split the SE window, at least horizontally, in the manner that Excel does ...
Three capitalizations:
The ONE thing that makes me smile every single day with LC is the ability to use a string of any length as the itemDelimiter.
ANOTHER thing that would do the same thing would be the ability to split the SE window, at least horizontally, in the manner that Excel does ...
- Thu Sep 10, 2026 2:52 pm
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: HyperXTalk 0.9.15 Released
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2391
Re: HyperXTalk 0.9.15 Released
Emily is the current reigning queen of this forum.
Am I correct in thinking that the parallel development of HyperXTalk and, oh yes, Livecode itself is a terrific thing? Does it speak to the miracle of the original HC paradigm, which just will not seem to die? And if so, why is it so damned ...
Am I correct in thinking that the parallel development of HyperXTalk and, oh yes, Livecode itself is a terrific thing? Does it speak to the miracle of the original HC paradigm, which just will not seem to die? And if so, why is it so damned ...