Search found 10440 matches
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:53 pm
- Forum: Mac OS
- Topic: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
- Replies: 8
- Views: 178
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
Probably the attitude towards 'legacy' stuff has deteriorated to a state even worse than when the hundreds of bugs were not addressed.
- Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:52 am
- Forum: Mac OS
- Topic: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
- Replies: 8
- Views: 178
Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0
"some text fields"
Presumably those 2 different scrollbars are attached to different types of fields: can you expla8n which type comes with which?
Presumably those 2 different scrollbars are attached to different types of fields: can you expla8n which type comes with which?
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:05 am
- Forum: Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers
- Topic: Exporting to rtfd on Mac
- Replies: 11
- Views: 433
Re: Exporting to rtfd on Mac
From a purely mechanical point of view you probably need to:
1. Access the rtf file inside the rftd 'folder'.
2. Access any images.
3. Work out how the 'picture hooks' are arranged to get the images in the desired positons within the text.
I wonder how xTalk can 'see' inside .docx and .rtfd ...
1. Access the rtf file inside the rftd 'folder'.
2. Access any images.
3. Work out how the 'picture hooks' are arranged to get the images in the desired positons within the text.
I wonder how xTalk can 'see' inside .docx and .rtfd ...
- Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:51 am
- Forum: Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners
- Topic: Livecode to control smarthome
- Replies: 5
- Views: 15155
Re: Livecode to control smarthome
First posting = no prizes for this.
- Tue Oct 06, 2026 10:03 am
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 662
Re: Audio & Video Export
Haiku is an exciting operating system that needs apps and development environments to help it gain traction.
An xTalk IDE that functions on Haiku, and offers developers the chance to develop stuff, not only for Haiku, but also for other operating systems, should help Haiku gain traction.
Although ...
An xTalk IDE that functions on Haiku, and offers developers the chance to develop stuff, not only for Haiku, but also for other operating systems, should help Haiku gain traction.
Although ...
- Sun Oct 04, 2026 5:10 pm
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 662
Re: Audio & Video Export
That's an odd question when those versions have been available for less than a week.How many applications have been made with those versions?
- Sun Oct 04, 2026 6:59 am
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 662
Re: Audio & Video Export
I can see no theoretical reason not to port my Devawriter Pro too these platforms.
A pragmatic reason not to basically breaks down like this:
1. Who the fudge needs a program to digitise Indic texts on what are currently niche things?
2. I wonder whether I can be bothered to set up lots of ...
A pragmatic reason not to basically breaks down like this:
1. Who the fudge needs a program to digitise Indic texts on what are currently niche things?
2. I wonder whether I can be bothered to set up lots of ...
- Sat Oct 03, 2026 5:39 pm
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 662
Re: Audio & Video Export
I am sure he does, there is no OpenXtalk Use-list: my comment still holds as far as I can see.I'm sure Craig means the LIVECODE use-list.
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:49 pm
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 662
Re: Audio & Video Export
Who are 'they' who 'look around'?
Far too many people (including those people huddled in an office in "Prince's street" in Edinburgh) avoid looking at the OpenXtalk forums where they might, just, learn quite a lot of useful stuff (instead of digging themselves a hole which may prove suicidal in the ...
Far too many people (including those people huddled in an office in "Prince's street" in Edinburgh) avoid looking at the OpenXtalk forums where they might, just, learn quite a lot of useful stuff (instead of digging themselves a hole which may prove suicidal in the ...
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 3:06 pm
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 662
Re: Audio & Video Export
https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtop ... 9&start=20
If this is true, I wonder why, they never bothered to justify their decision: which in the light of how quickly this chap made it work seems remarkably short-sighted.Only the mothership did not support this.
- Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:21 am
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: Audio & Video Export
- Replies: 12
- Views: 662
Audio & Video Export
It having been claimed for years that audio & video export was not possible from LC, a single person managed exactly that in less than a day:
- -
"Way out West" with OXTL7 . . .
- -
"Way out West" with OXTL7 . . .
- Mon Sep 28, 2026 5:46 pm
- Forum: Talking LiveCode
- Topic: Using ExifTool from Shell
- Replies: 6
- Views: 5266
Re: Using ExifTool from Shell
The odd think is that is a bot is that it registered on the forums 4 days before posting.
Mind you I noticed something the same about a week ago.
Mind you I noticed something the same about a week ago.
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 7:00 pm
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: An Open Source Experiment
- Replies: 11
- Views: 780
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Dunno who 'Richard' is, my name is Richmond: OK, 'Moke'? 8)
am approved on both the HyperXTalk and OpenXTalk forums, but I continue to be denied login on the OpenXTalk forum and trying to reset my password has not worked, after many tries I have not received a "reset password link" email.
That ...
am approved on both the HyperXTalk and OpenXTalk forums, but I continue to be denied login on the OpenXTalk forum and trying to reset my password has not worked, after many tries I have not received a "reset password link" email.
That ...
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:39 am
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: An Open Source Experiment
- Replies: 11
- Views: 780
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Lovely interface:
-
Unfortunately screenshots exceed the LC Forums' size limitation.
https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2184
-
Unfortunately screenshots exceed the LC Forums' size limitation.
https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2184
- Sun Sep 27, 2026 8:31 am
- Forum: Off-Topic
- Topic: An Open Source Experiment
- Replies: 11
- Views: 780
Re: An Open Source Experiment
-
How do I run the stack?
How do I run the stack?