An Open Source Experiment
Moderators: Klaus, FourthWorld, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller
An Open Source Experiment
Hi,
I just released an open-source browser-based authoring environment called Stackadia. I love LiveCode but recently found I could create projects that included animation, 3d, and more that behaved pretty well using a combination of HTML/CSS/Javascript/TypeScript so thought I'd try my hand at combining things I liked about HyperCard, HyperStudio, LiveCode and other XTalk programs. I know this is a bit off-topic but thought you might be interested.
- Mike
www.mygiantbrain.com
www.stackadia.com
I just released an open-source browser-based authoring environment called Stackadia. I love LiveCode but recently found I could create projects that included animation, 3d, and more that behaved pretty well using a combination of HTML/CSS/Javascript/TypeScript so thought I'd try my hand at combining things I liked about HyperCard, HyperStudio, LiveCode and other XTalk programs. I know this is a bit off-topic but thought you might be interested.
- Mike
www.mygiantbrain.com
www.stackadia.com
-
Emily-Elizabeth
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:10 pm
- Contact:
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Why does it download a HTML file, why not just have it run on the web site?
-
richmond62
- Livecode Opensource Backer

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Does this feature xTalk as the authoring language?
-
Emily-Elizabeth
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:10 pm
- Contact:
Re: An Open Source Experiment
2. Stackadia Script Add sophisticated behavior with an approachable xTalk-inspired scripting language designed for readable, conversational code.
Re: An Open Source Experiment
On the quick links page you can open directly in browser. The script language is pretty close to xtalk but I had different goals.
-
richmond62
- Livecode Opensource Backer

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
Re: An Open Source Experiment
You could also publish this on the OpenXTalk forums.
-
richmond62
- Livecode Opensource Backer

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
-
richmond62
- Livecode Opensource Backer

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Lovely interface:
-
Unfortunately screenshots exceed the LC Forums' size limitation.
https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2184
-
Unfortunately screenshots exceed the LC Forums' size limitation.
https://www.openxtalk.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2184
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Hi,
I will be creating some tutorials soon, maybe YouTube, and have created a Facebook group for Stackadia. For now I have it marked private but will open it up to the public soon. I probably will not want to continue discussion threads here since it is a bit off-topic Once I figure out how to configure a Contact form on the Stackadia website I will entertain questions there.
Richard, I am approved on both the HyperXTalk and OpenXTalk forums, but I continue to be denied login on the OpenXTalk forum and trying to reset my password has not worked, after many tries I have not received a "reset password link" email.
- Mike
I will be creating some tutorials soon, maybe YouTube, and have created a Facebook group for Stackadia. For now I have it marked private but will open it up to the public soon. I probably will not want to continue discussion threads here since it is a bit off-topic Once I figure out how to configure a Contact form on the Stackadia website I will entertain questions there.
Richard, I am approved on both the HyperXTalk and OpenXTalk forums, but I continue to be denied login on the OpenXTalk forum and trying to reset my password has not worked, after many tries I have not received a "reset password link" email.
- Mike
-
richmond62
- Livecode Opensource Backer

- Posts: 10474
- Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:17 am
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Dunno who 'Richard' is, my name is Richmond: OK, 'Moke'? 
Oh, and:
How do I run the stack?
That is a w*nk: I shall message the forum boss directly.am approved on both the HyperXTalk and OpenXTalk forums, but I continue to be denied login on the OpenXTalk forum and trying to reset my password has not worked, after many tries I have not received a "reset password link" email.
Oh, and:
How do I run the stack?
-
Emily-Elizabeth
- Posts: 235
- Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:10 pm
- Contact:
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Mike, I use https://formspree.io for my contact forms and it works a charmHutchboy wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2026 6:50 pm Once I figure out how to configure a Contact form on the Stackadia website I will entertain questions there.
Re: An Open Source Experiment
Richmond,
The Stackadia Standalone application opens with a built-in stack that is meant for beginners to explore how to create their own stacks. You can also create stacks using the "New from Stack Wizard" in the File pull down menu. While you are developing in the Standalone I refer to stacks as projects interchangeably. If you download and expand the "Benchmark/Showcase" stack set you will have a number of stacks I have developed to open in the Standalone to see how they work. Alternatively, you can just drop a stack onto the Player drop window and run the stack from there...you just can't edit it. Hope that answers the "How do I run the Stack?" question.
Emily,
Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into formspree.
The Stackadia Standalone application opens with a built-in stack that is meant for beginners to explore how to create their own stacks. You can also create stacks using the "New from Stack Wizard" in the File pull down menu. While you are developing in the Standalone I refer to stacks as projects interchangeably. If you download and expand the "Benchmark/Showcase" stack set you will have a number of stacks I have developed to open in the Standalone to see how they work. Alternatively, you can just drop a stack onto the Player drop window and run the stack from there...you just can't edit it. Hope that answers the "How do I run the Stack?" question.
Emily,
Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into formspree.