Page 1 of 1

Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:35 am
by dwolff
Hi, I just upgraded to 11.0.0 (build 25013). For some text fields, the scrollbars remain as the macOS standard (thumb is rounded gray on a white background), but for others, the scrollbars now have a square white thumb on a black background.

Is there a setting for the appearance of the scrollbars?
scrollbars.jpg

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:52 am
by richmond62
"some text fields"

Presumably those 2 different scrollbars are attached to different types of fields: can you expla8n which type comes with which?

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:31 am
by bn
dwolff wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:35 am Hi, I just upgraded to 11.0.0 (build 25013). For some text fields, the scrollbars remain as the macOS standard (thumb is rounded gray on a white background), but for others, the scrollbars now have a square white thumb on a black background.
Could you try to check the "3-D" / "threeD" property of the fields affected in the Properties Inspector?

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:15 pm
by dunbarx
@Bernd.

I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.

@ dwolff

Does reloading LC do anything?

Craig

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:36 pm
by bn
dunbarx wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 2:15 pm I have never seen the threeD property affect a field scrollbar. I thought the threeD property only changed the topColor and bottomColor of an actual object.
Craig,
It is what you describe in LC < 11, in 11 3-d also affects the scrollbar.

Kind regards
Bernd

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:10 pm
by dwolff
Changing the field to 3D restored the macOS appearance. Thanks!

This does seem like a semi-breaking change, though.

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:40 pm
by dunbarx
dwolff.

Clearly breaking, and not semi.

Craig

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:42 pm
by dunbarx
On reflection, what could have possibly been the purpose?

I would consider this simply a bug.

Craig

Re: Field scrollbars look different at 11.0.0

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:53 pm
by richmond62
Probably the attitude towards 'legacy' stuff has deteriorated to a state even worse than when the hundreds of bugs were not addressed.